Tuesday, September 21, 2010

No. 27

Book No. 27 was found in London, England!
Contacted: 9/19/2010

In June 2010, I started a series of small works on paper in the format of an accordion book.  Each piece is then placed in a public area, and its final destination is up to the finder.  The idea for this small project has been with me for years. I see it as a study in the possibility of dissemination and hopefully correspondence, and an unconventional way to show my work.

I promised myself if a book was found and was contacted that I would start a blog about the project and so it begins!

There are 50 books that have been or are being dispersed to a number of cities and countries. To name a few: Atlanta, Houston, New York City, New Orleans, Canada, Scotland, England and others.  And the interesting part is the books migrate even from their original point of being placed--so who knows where they will all end up!

No comments:

Post a Comment